On behalf of one of our clients who offers proprietary, self-developed customer management software solutions to their group which is an independent energy supplier with operations in Germany, Cyprus and the UK., we are seeking to recruit a Technical Writer and Translator EN/DE in Agile Software Development Process for their team in Limassol.
You work as a technical writer and translator in an agile context. Your focus is on supporting our development teams in providing excellent technical documentation of our products and processes to our users and internally to our development and maintenance staff.
You will set the required standards and provide the guidance to our teams to create compliant documentation. You will translate documentation and other artifacts from English to German and from German to English to ensure accessibility of information to all participants of our development and business.
Your work will help our business to be more efficient, provide a better customer service and add business value to our group. The company offers to the successful candidate a comprehensive remuneration package, which includes a competitive salary, provident fund, medical fund, relocation support, flexible working hours, subsidized meals and others.
Your area of responsibility
- Collection and categorisation of all information related to software development projects in the development centre, respectively guidance and support of the development team on documentation
- Review of documentation to ensure compliance to regulations and internal standards
- Definition of editorial rules, internal standards, and guidelines
- Management and maintenance of the company-internal collaboration system
- Support of development teams in specific technical documentation tasks
- Translation of documents from English to German and from German to English
- University degree in computer science, engineering, or similar focus and education background
- Professional experience as a technical writer, ideally in the IT industry
- Excellent language skills in English and German, written and verbally, certificates are of advantage
- Ability to deliver high quality technical documentation, paying attention to detail and the needs of the target group
- Think analytically with a strong sense of responsibility and quality
- Passionate team player with a cooperative, service and solution-oriented way of working
- Good command of Atlassian Confluence
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (especially Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint) is a plus, but not a must
How to apply
If interested and you match all the requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com, including the title of the position in the subject line.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted