Work Channel Recruitment is working closely with a digital services company and they are looking to recruit a Senior Back-End Java Developer to join their team.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Manage the whole lifecycle of the applications, development, deployment, maintenance and monitoring: “You build it, you run it” principle
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven working experience as a Back-End Developer or similar role
- Proven expertise in managing high-volume data in near real time fashion, in a highly concurrent environment (highly parallel distributed/multithreading processing)
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Experience with test-driven development
- Good knowledge of relational (SQL) / non-relational databases (NoSQL) including ORM models (Eloquent, Hibernate, etc.) and understanding of database/data modelling concept (Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases will be considered an advantage)
- Strong knowledge of database technologies to scale for high volume web sites
- Strong knowledge with dealing large system including logging and reporting
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.), including relevant mainstream Java frameworks – Spring and Spring Cloud)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful services
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of Redis
- Knowledge of containers management frameworks i.e. Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cloud technologies e.g. Google Cloud/ Amazon AWS
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and simplify them
- Problem solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
What our client offers
- Full-time permanent employment contract
- Competitive net salary and conditions corresponding to the demands of the position
- 13th salary
- 22 annual leave days
- Private medical insurance (after probation period – 3 months)
- Flexible working hours – 7 hours per day with 1-hour break
- Work from home policy
- Encouragement of innovation and support in personal and professional growth
- Opportunity to deal with International customers
- Team building activities
How to Apply
If interested and you match all the requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title of the position in the subject line
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted