On behalf of our client, a leading dry bulk & bagged goods maritime transportation business founded in 2015 in Limassol, we seek either a graduate or an individual with some working experience anywhere in the shipping industry to come into our team and grow into the role of a dry bulk operator. The candidate will have access to experienced operators around them who will be able to guide and develop the individual. Full on the job training will be provided including exposure to the firm’s charter / trading business. Promising candidates with a fast ability to learn and handle risk will be given full post-fixture operational management of chartered vessels. Please see a full list of some of the daily activities the candidate will be expected to do.
Do not exclude yourself if you are not a graduate or do not have 1-2 years relevant working experience in the industry. We are always happy to work with smart people to re-orientate their careers.
- Communicate and liaise with vessel owner’s/ship masters/charterers, trading team and other relevant stakeholders on voyage instructions
- Responsible for following up on post fixture activities
- Preparation of documents such as voyage orders, loading and discharge instructions
- Liaising with vessels/ship managers/owners/charterers on the vessel itinerary and the operation
- Monitor vessel voyage progress and track vessel performance
- Handle day to day operations issues
- Liaise with ship agents / shippers / sub – charterers for vessel details, schedules, and updates of vessel allocation
- Nominate and acceptance of vessels local agents, surveyors for the loading / discharging operations.
- Update required data from vessel into IMOS
- Update reporting of vessel status and issue operation reports
- Ensure and champion a close and harmonious working relationship with the relevant Commercial team
- Other adhoc duties as assigned by the Operation Manager
- Degree in Maritime, Transportation Management, Diploma in Shipping and logistic, ICS
- 1-2 years’ experience as Operator of Voyage/ Time Charter dry bulk vessel
- Commercial Maturity/Shipping or Economic studies
- Significant and demonstrated customer or supplier relationship skills
- An interest in and aptitude for people management
- Fluent in English essential, with other languages an advantage
- Sea-going experience desirable but not essential
- Independent and able to work in a team
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Proficient in use of technology particularly Excel, Word, Shipping system (strong preference for IMOS).
Skills and behavioural competencies:
- Customer focused and relationship building with key accounts (Internal Customers and Shipowners)
- Accountability and strong sense of ownership, team play and collaboration.
- Enjoys working to tight time constraints
- Personal drive and the ability to motivate others
- Possess Negotiating skills, is Innovative, adaptive and flexible
- Good verbal and written communication
How to apply
If you are interested for the position, please send your CV to Andriana Papadopoullou at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org , including the title of the position in the subject line.
Note: ALL applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.